Tuesday, August 22, 2006

It's a Wonderful Life...or is it a Dream?

Lalalala!!! I'm so happy! *giggle* Things are going rather well, we have another break from the set-this time for editing and making sure the actors have a real life. I'm not sure when we're going to be called back to start filming again, but I'll be busy in the meantime. Chad and Timothy and David are helping me move my furniture into my new place-the old condo was condemned and we were forced to relocated-something about bugs on the lot. So I have to arrange furniture and redecorate, thankfully the city is reimbursing us the cost of relocating and redecorating. To be honest, I like this condo better, it's cosier and smaller. I still have three levels: the bottom level is a carport, kitchen and living area with a door leading into the front garden (which is bare like the other condo, but at least it has grass and a small tree), the second level is the entry level and living area with a bathroom and balcony overlooking the street, the third level has two bedrooms and two bathrooms and another balcony overlooking the street. I think I will try to see what can be done about having a balcony overlooking the park instead of the street. I'm not a huge fan of looking into our neighbor's yard when I relax on the balcony. There isn't a community pool, so I'll probably buy a hot tub.

I'm glad to have made so many friends from the set, Josie said that filming for soap operas is a lot different than movies. On soap opera sets the cast becomes like a family since they spend so much time together, but on movies sometimes you don't get to know your other cast members very well. I remember when I first arrived to the set, I was so confused. First, Chad and the actor that plays Randy look so much alike! Fiorenza did a good job with casting them as brothers, it's amazing! Then of course there were all these amazing celebrities and I didn't know their names at all *blush* I felt bad, I think I called Alexis 'Anna' and Josie 'Jenny', then of course there were some cast members who were not so nice and that wasn't that hard for me to get used to since I've experienced my share of not so nice sims :


I invited Chad over for dinner...um...just for fun...uh...anyhoo. Before he arrived I spent about two hours getting ready, I mean, how does one dress when having guests over for dinner? I couldn't call Jasmine since she was busy filming her other project, but I was able to get in contact with Daphne and she calmed me down. Apparently she and Alexis were together and so they came over. I wore the brand new shirt that Alexis helped me pick out and some new jeans and they did my hair and make-up. I'm glad they came over, it calmed me down a bit and allowed me to relax. Gosh, I'm sure I'll be a complete mess once I host my housewarming party. So a few minutes before Chad was scheduled to arrive, things wentbut then my stove wasn't working so we had to eat pizza. I was so embarrassed. I had a delicious menu in mind, yummy cajun spice roast turkey with garlic potatoes and buttery chives beans. But instead we had lukewarm pepperoni pizza at the bar in the kitchen. Thankfully he was a good sport about it, laughing and joing about how my pizza tastes very similar to PizzaDeliverZ's pizza. He brought over some great music, I plan on buying the CD once I find out the name of the artist, and we danced on the balcony and he even taught me how to slow dance. I was so nervous, I thought I would step on his toes or something, but he was so sweet about it.

I don't know why I was so nervous, I mean...I do know...ugh...I never ever felt this way about a guy before, well I have, but I didn't do anything about it, I mean...that was high school and he would have never have been with one of the 'rejected' girls. The only reason I invited Chad over was because Jasmine encouraged me to, I probably would have been content to simply leave things as they were and admire him from afar, but...Josie says that life is full of risks so I am trying to put myself out there more...but it's scary...especially when you've been hurt in the past. *sigh* I'm not saying 'woe is me', I've been blessed, there were other homes that were much much worse so I was lucky to be in such a good orphanage, even now I have a nice job with a nice paycheck, a nice home and I'm making good friends. Sometimes I wake up at night, expecting everything to be a dream and for everything to disappear in front of my eyes.

No comments: