Monday, October 30, 2006

Moved In

I haven't updated in a while. I've been super busy with moving into the new house and furniture shopping. Also, last weekend Chad and I threw a costume party for the cast (I'll post pictures soon) and Pahala Shore had a photo shoot.

The photo shoot was ok. We were at the beach in our swimsuits posing for what seemed like hours! Then every few minutes makeup would run into the shot and touch up makeup, the wardrobe would adjust straps and bikini lines and afterwards the crew would sweep the sand free of footprints and the whole process would start over again. Afterwards the cast went back to thier studio suites and Chad and I prepared for the costume party-which was a lot of fun.

Euphoria is coming along. The construction has started for the building and I have the menu planned: Ginger Pork Chops with Wild Rice and Mango Salsa; Dill Poached Salmon with Pecan Asparagus and Buttery Carrots; Curry Wild Turkey with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Organic Cranberries; Lemon Drizzled Layer Cake; Wild Gooseberry Pie; Walnut Chicken Spice Salad; Assorted Gelatins. I am going to the site today to check on the process and then I am placing an ad in the local paper for workers. I'm hoping to use my contacts to get good hires and steady employees. I can't wait until Euphoria opens. I'm planning for the first of the year, maybe it will happen earlier-who knows.

I wonder what the rest of the cast has been up to lately. I should give them a call, I haven't heard from Alexis in a while (I did see her walking about at the party) but I spoke with Josie after the costume party since our new contracts were delivered this weekend. We talked about job security and how she thinks I have a better chance of staying employed since I'm one of the main characters, but she doesn't know about her role. I think she's playing one of the oldest characters on the show-Donna is a professor of medicine, so she's obviously been to medical school and even practiced/continues to practice medicine, so she's not in the same age group as Missy-Roxy-Nailah-Sierra, perhaps she's closer in age to Lani-Erika, but I honestly don't have a clue about thier ages since they're not in university and they both own thier own businesses. It's interesting since on the show Donna becomes a sort of mother figure to Sierra and that's how Josie is to me, well-she's not old enough to be my mother but so far she and Alexis have helped me get adjusted to the business...so perhaps they are "mother" figures.

Until next time

No comments: