Friday, November 17, 2006

Holiday with the Family...Almost

Chad and I are trying to make holiday plans for next week. Daisy (Chad's sister) is planning on coming to Apple Valley, I'm not sure if his brother and parents are coming as well. It would be nice if the entire family could come out since that means we can show them the house. If they come, we're going to rent a bunch of beds and put them in the loft, then Daisy and her husband could sleep in my room, I could share the loft with the kids, Chad's parents would have his room, his brother and wife would have the spare bedroom and Chad might have to make the sofa comfortable....mmm, maybe it's best that we find them a hotel to stay at :
I'm a bit restless. It seems like all of my friends are pregnant, just had a baby or trying to have a baby. Daisy and her husband are hoping to add another child to the family, Amata and Rayne are pregnant, Nicole and her husband are trying to have a baby...maybe I should adopt :\ LOL. I'm not in the position to be a mother at this time, Chad and I just started dating seriously and that's an adjustment in and of itself, much less adding a child to the mix.

Chad and I are doing well. We are a bit busy since Pahala Shore is in pre-production, but we still manage to go out every weekend. The shared housing is working out great. We share cooking duties (the cooker doesn't have to clean the kitchen), he does the trash and repairs, I garden and keep the pests at bay. We clean our own areas. He lives downstairs with a bedroom, ensuite bath and extra office to his name. I live upstairs with the same set-up (bedroom, ensuite bath, loft room). We share the common areas: extra bath, living room and kitchen. Here's a link to some photos (thus far, I'm planning on redecorating soon before the holidays)

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/album?c=starrsim&aid=576460762342551132&pid=&wtok=E6LWPZLM47xcfSqJv_aDJg--&ts=1163782349&.src=ph

It took forever to settle on the decor, and I'm still not happy with it. I may just redecorate while Chad is away and let him deal with it :P Alas, that isn't a very nice thing to do to one's roommate, especially when you're dating said roommate. It was cute, this issue of STAR said that we were "Sim Nation's Favourite Couple". I wonder how true that is *giggle*. I'm really glad that I met Chad, he's a great guy, very romantic, but passionate and quiet at times. Sometimes it's hard to know what he's thinking, but once he's finished thinking and comes out of his "man cave" we have no problem sharing our thoughts.

Well, I need to go to another meeting concerning Euphoria, wish me luck :p

until next time

No comments: